Thursday, April 12, 2012

Are you Jealous Yet?

   There has been so much going on lately that my brain feels like it's been scattered around like a dead man's ashes.  River, now 18-months-old, has recently boycotted food AND sleep, and Israel, thank God, is almost done with school for the year. 
   Between running errands, cleaning and organizing for our up-and-coming move, and this little tiny boy inside of my uterus, I have been ready to collapse with exhaustion!  My belly is huge and I have two more months to go.  Oh boy.  Some days the baby (in utero) is so frantic with movement that I feel at any moment some crazy alien thing is going to spew out of my stomach like SigourneyWeaver in Aliens.  Sorry little baby.  I know you will be much cuter and way less homicidal upon your arrival.  Point being....I think this baby is like 25 inches long already and is practicing to be an astronaut or a gymnast of something.
   Contrary to what I have already said, I do enjoy being pregnant.  This time around I just feel like an overstuffed turkey.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the sundae's and sweets.  That seems unlikely.  It's probably more about the real life human being that is sprouting in my womb.  I haven't gained any more weight than I did my last pregnancy, it's just more compact this time....hence the overstuffed turkey feeling. 
   So for now all I can do is suck it up, eat a little better, keep basting, and wait for the timer to go off.  Hopefully between now and then, I can enjoy my lack of life-altering pain, stop whining about it, and get ready for the joy that awaits us.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment