Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Let the Food War Begin!

River has recently given up any sort of taste for food.  Not just the typical veggies that some kids boycott.  It's the sweet stuff too.  He's never like juice (which isn't a bad thing), and won't even eat pancakes with syrup!!!  One time we thought we would be all sweet and surprise the boys with Hartzler's ice cream.   River gagged and acted like he was dying.  What a weirdo! It's chocolate ice cream!  Chocolate!   And I know what everyone says....'He won't starve himself!'  But I am actually quite sick of hearing that.  He might not actually faint from malnourishment or walk around with a bloated belly from starvation, but the truth is....he is not getting the nourishment his little body needs.  And after his latest iron test, there have proven to be some issues with anemia.  So....the food war is on!  I found a cookbook that masquerades as kids food while packed full of spinach, squash, and numerous other purees.  Spinach brownies?  Macaroni and cheese with a cauliflower and sweet potato puree added to the sauce?  Oh yeah, I am getting sneaky.  But shhhh....don't tell.

I will update you on how he handles this new adventure of food.  I really hope that it helps as much as I think it will.  For all of you other moms who have picky picky eaters, it might be well worth the $13. 


Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment