Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Out of Control Tongue: The Art of Doing Dishes

Our wacky dish washing scenario....

I walk downstairs from putting Sir Ahmcelot to bed, and to my surprise I found Israel putting the clean dishes away.  He offered to help me get the dirty dishes done as well, so I quickly took him up on his offer.  Israel had a chair pulled up to the cabinets, and as I washed a dish, he dried it, and put it in it's place.  River was between us on a chair, also 'helping.'  He would indiscriminately turn the water off as I was rinsing the suds from the plates, amusing himself;  laughing at the prospect of being a boob.  Israel and I's laughing of course encouraged his behavior, and before we knew if we weren't getting much done at all, but kneeling over laughing.

After that got old, River decided that he would disrupt the assembly line by quickly snatching up every clean, wet dish from the drying rack before his brother could dry it.   Why?  Oh yes, to lick them!  This of course collected way more laughs than merely shutting water off, and so with a fierce determination, he was grabbing dishes left and right, sliding them across his tongue and cracking up.  Needless to say, I had to rewash some dishes.  After an entire load having to be rewashed and him finally heeding my instructions to not lick the dishes, he began licking the counter.  Of course he would!  There was soapy, dirty dishwater cesspooling on the counters and I told River, 'No no River, those are dirty.  Yuck.'  At which point Israel added, 'Yeah....do you even know how many butts have been on that thing!?'   Um....that's a whole other blog post I guess!

3 comments:

  1. New follower! Nothing makes me laugh more than the things my kids say or do. Licking the dishes??? That's hilarious!

    http://lovingwhenithurts.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-ugly-truth-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy's little helper! So sweet, they surprise with these little jesture's all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sanaa, it means the most when you are helped without having to ask, and just because they love you and want to help lighten the load.

      Delete