Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Pukey Hibernation

I've finally come out of my weekend hibernation.  It wasn't a pleasant or relaxing hibernation.  More like the kind where you're curled up and fetal, crying for your mommy as you battle your gut-wrenching queasiness.  I am thankful though that the pukes were short lived because I am pregnant and have nothing else for my body to surrender.
 
As a busy mom, the idea seemed thrilling (sick or not) to hold this golden pass that allowed me to stay in bed and be waited on all day.  Oh...and the sweet bliss of sleep!  So with the guilt gone, my husband took over my duties, as he selflessly put his on hold.  And I slept.  It was interrupted with bathroom trips, little rowdy boys climbing on me for hugs, my husband forcing me to stay hydrated, and my body just waking itself to remind me just how crummy I really felt.

BUT...two days after my sleepathon, I awoke to reality.  I felt better!  My responsibility-free days were over.  So I did what any self-respecting mom and wife would do.......I milked one more l o n g nap, then got to my feet and again tied the apron strings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment