Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Bookshelf Lately


To me there is nothing quite like a little bit of quiet and a good book.  These are off of my bookshelf, my most recent reads, and I have to say they were all quite potent.

'A Tale for the Time Being,' was probably my favorite.  A story rich in symbolism, spirituality, and a tenderness that makes you cling to all of the good things in life.  The story was so beautifully and intelligently crafted that most times I felt swept away in the poetry of it all.  

'The Fault in Your Stars,' is a book for young adults, but is hard to perceive that way when read.  It is a not-so-typical look into tragedy and a heartwarming tale of love at its best.

'Wild' is a mesmerizing memoir about a woman who was lost by life's hardships, and then saved through her journey on the Pacific Crest Trail.  It is beautifully graphic with detail, and written more like poetry or prose. There was a rhythm in her writing that was engaging, and an honesty that was relieving.  

'Little Bee' was well written but also very traumatic to read.  It was a beautiful, but hard story of two women brought together by a horrible set of life-altering circumstances.  Unfortunately, circumstances that reflect a real image of a lot of lives in Africa.


Leave a comment....I would love to hear what you have been reading lately!


No comments:

Post a Comment