Saturday, March 30, 2013

There's Always Tomorrow

I would very much like to jack slap today in the face!  It started with a very interrupted night's sleep, awakening to two very whiny babies, and a desperation to get out of the house.  Of course I left the stroller outside last night after our walk....because I NEVER do that.   Of course it's totally down pouring and has been all day.  So this whole no stroller and two kids under 2 will not exactly be an easy outing since we can't just go to the park or somewhere the kids can run around totally buck wild.  I need them to behave... civilly, pshh, good luck huh?!

So with not many choices in front of me, I did what any daring stupid mom would do, and I went TO THE MALL.  What?!  Now that I've said it out loud it sounds stupid.  We didn't go to shop though, we went because they have a cool indoor play center right in the middle of the mall that all 3 of my children happen to have fun in.  Easy I thought. We'll rent one of those little red smart cars that can take the place of our detained stroller, and River will like it even better since he can pretend to drive and feel all cool.

We walk into the mall, Ahmi in arms, River sandwiched between Israel and I, holding hands.  Easy enough....off to a great start.  We made it to the play zone, played for a good hour and a half.  I nursed Ahmi, fed him his delicious homemade baby food dinner, gathered the two other guys, got shoes on, and had enough cooperation to WALK out of the play zone tantrum free with baby in arm, and toddler holding our hands like a champ. 

'Hop in the car,' I instruct a very cooperative River.  Wait a minute.  I parked the car right here.  Where in the heck?!  Hmmm, maybe I parked in at the other end.  Walked to other side.....NO CAR.  Awesome!  Thank you random person who stole our smart cart!  I know that it was really necessary for you to take a car that had two expensive children's coats in it.  I hope you enjoy the 6-12 month Yoda Robeeze you made off with.  And let the Lego people remind your child of what a loser you are every time he/she plays with them, knowing they once briefly belonged to a very elated 9-year-old.  Thanks a lot.

At this point, I was much more disappointed in the fact that I had to walk 3/4 of a mile with a wiggly, tired baby, and a toddler who just forgot how to behave, while trying to boycott the hand-holding deal that he instantaneously realized he hated.  And another thanks to the very helpful mall cop who after walking some distance out of my way to find him, informed me that he was off-duty and that I needed to walk around to the other side of the mall to speak with someone who was on the clock.  I am so glad that he at least listened to my complaint BEFORE he decided to blow me off (*dripping with sarcasm*) because I could've just gotten mugged for all he knew.

So after our long journey back to report the car being taken (I was hoping it was a mistake from a mother who was having an exhausting and brain-sucking day like I was), we checked the lost and found, were given a book of coupons, and sent to walk the 3/4 mile back to the parking lot, where we walked IN THE RAIN to our van.  Are you jealous?  Yeah, it was pretty much awesome!

I'm really not mad or wish anything bad on the lovely person who took our car.  Just an annoying piece of an already sort of rotten day.  The good side?  That there's always a new and fresh day awaiting us tomorrow.  And, that even in the midst of the chaos and fatigue, I have some pretty cool kids who I had a great time with, tired or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment