Sunday, March 17, 2013

Of Beauty


I need to go someplace beautiful.
Where my mind can transcend the negativity that tries to sneak up on me and overtake me.
Like a militant darkness, it chases me; haunts me.
My escape is found in the archaic sky, fronds of ferns, the kiss of the wind against my bare arms and neck, the peace of solitude.
The sun playing peek-a-boo amidst the clouds; momentary immersion that lends itself to again, being swallowed by the shadows. 
Strange juxtaposition, this thing of dark and light; scarred and beautiful.
Escape is necessary....
to fuel the energies of all that is meaningful and wholesome; 
to bring the wretched things up out of the water, offering new life, and again finding peace in all that is lovely.
So Jesus, rid my life of dangerous strangers that lurk in the shadows.
Help me cultivate the most sacred retreat of all....
to travel inward, where divine imaginations and an unblemished Spirit take residence.
Unearth in me the heart that only creates space for beautiful things, so when the night drags on, I can find the beauty of light in the warmth of my own sacred space.
I need to know someplace beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment