Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Night of Firsts

Tonight Ahmi grew up before our very eyes.  In a matter of hours his vocabulary expanded from the sound of raspberries to a very controlled and repetitive, 'Eh, eh, eh, eh.'  While Israel beat boxed and made up crazy up-tempo songs, Ahmi bobbed up and down, showing us that he can get down too.  The slow, soft variety, was accompanied with what looked like holding his breath and headbanging.  Very cute. 
His bedtime came and we tucked our big boy in, said our good nights, gave the usual masses of kisses, and closed his door.  A little while later I snuck in to make sure he hadn't grown a beard or something, and I realized this was his first time dozing on his belly.  Sprawled and snoozing, I didn't fear for his life as he slept in this new position.  Why?  Because sadly, he's old enough.  I just doted over how precious he was, and how the world ages him one amazingly fast day at a time.




(If my computer would let me upload things....I would've added the evidence of his total cuteness in maturity, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment