Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reading in the Raw


  Lately my husband and I have been trying to break Israel's habit of being naked.  He's never totally naked, more like underwear naked.  It's not that we even think it's that big of a deal, he is only 7.  We just don't want him to be 15 and dominating the house in his skivvies.  Needless to say, it's a good time to teach him some household etiquette. 
  I'm not exaggerating in the least when I say that he undresses any time we are home.  He could wake up and get ready for the day, run some errands with me, come home, and when the front door is almost closed, he will be standing there naked.  I'm actually impressed with his timely undressing.  It is the only thing that he does quickly.  His clothes shoot off like fireworks on the fourth of July...shades of denim and grey cotton hit the ceiling with a liberating BOOM!
  Well today we were all ready to head outside and enjoy the wonderful weather when I noticed Israel and River laying beside each other on the floor.  Taking advantage of the opportunity to go downstairs and throw some clothes in the dryer, I cleared the area of knives and broken glass shards that could've proven dangerous and  ran downstairs for literally 3 minutes.  Upon walking back into the room I find Israel reading to River, who are now BOTH in their underwear (or diaper).  I could not stop this sweet moment of hilarity for anything.  And the funny thing is, that Israel wasn't trying to be funny, he just thought it was high time to get rid of the pants...and that he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment