Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mishapen Mama

  With Summer forging quickly ahead, I have realized that it is time to get our swimwear in order.  Through the 10 pounds and 2 inches that Israel has packed on from last summer, he is in obvious need of new trunks.  River will dispensibly need his first little pair of trunks as well as my husband whose trunks are worn too thin for wear.  Which leaves me. 
   I'm typically not focused on all of my body's quirks and puckers, but after having child # 2, my body is inevitably different than it's ever been.  After having Israel, I weighed my pre baby weight when I left the hospital (of course I only gained 22 lbs with him too).  I had a little pooch that slimmed down within a month (another reason to thank God for breastfeeding!), and that was that.  I was back to normal.  Now, however, things are a lot different.  Although my weight, in number, is the same as before, I find my problem is with elasticity!  Things just seem to be arranged a little differently.  Now, I more closely resemble a Picasso painting; parts being scattered here and there, asymmetrical and all.   It still doesn't really bother me, it's just going to be more of a challenge to find something that's flattering to my post baby body.
   I have a love of anything vintage, so I found some cute suits that would be very classy and also very flattering to my infinite changes.  So here they are...can't wait to get in that lovely summer water and feel the warmth of the sun hugging my neck. 

trunk like bottoms for more coverage 
high waist for the post baby belly button 
more bottom coverage for the saggies  

    No matter how my form has changed, I will still do as Walt Whitman advises and 'Celebrate myself.'  I encourage all of you other mishapen mama's to do the same.  Beauty is first inward, working itself out.  So be in love with yourself and feel beautiful and no matter how mutated you are in comparison to the past, know that you are not defined by how you look and be grateful to the life that bestowed  these new alterations.  :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I have a vintage suit of my grandmothers hanging in my closet. It looks similar to the first picture you've posted. I was hoping to wear it someday but in order for that to happen I'd have to go back to freshman year of high school I'm afraid! lol Where did you find these lovely gems??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unique-vintage.com Although the suits are fab...they come with a price. lol And I know what you mean...truly vintage means truly tiny!!!

    ReplyDelete