Thursday, June 20, 2013

Harbor

Is there somewhere I can go where I can outrun myself?
A place of unwinding clocks;  where time stands still, creeping in and setting like a fog in the night.
Can I lose myself there for a while?
Can I attach myself to the wind; my name in your breath that you try so hard to breathe in?
Can I travel to the starlight that I glimpse from time-to-time behind your eyes?
Where constellations dance and glow, and I flicker like the fireflies, begging to be noticed.
Can I lose myself so helplessly, that the corners become rounded, and the lightening and the thunder turn from threats to glimpses of light upon my path?
Can I lay my shadow to rest in the brilliance of your smile, as you rock me into slumber by the warmth and fire of your heart?









No comments:

Post a Comment