Friday, November 16, 2012

My Kids are Funnier than Yours

The hilarity began when River was making eyes at our rotisserie chicken and then holding it up to his ear as if it were telling him funny secrets.  Then after dinner Israel laid on a boppy on the floor and pretended to be River's big baby.  River stuck a binky in his mouth to calm him, and even covered him with a blanket so he could go 'nigh nigh.'  It went a little too far when River tried to unzip Israel's pants while saying, 'Le poop, le poop, le poop.' 
'No....it's okay, I don't need changed,' said the baby. 

About 10 minutes later Israel bursts into a loud machine gun laugh while falling on the floor about to pee himself.  I walk around the corner to see River holding my breast pump (and very accurately placed) up to his chest and working the hand pump like it's job.   He said....'Mmmmm.' 

The boys are constantly trying to prank us as well.  I especially like the little restaurant bell on the floor right outside of our napping baby's room.  It was a nice touch when I tried to make a silent exit.  However, Ahmi is a great sleeper, so the joke was on them. 

Getting down and playing some fancy air trumpets while in their undies is another special imprint they left on the day.  Or River singing his hot dog song into his shoelace.  How about when River proudly picks the sock fuzzies from his fat little feet, exclaiming 'No nam....no nam!' 

There are dozens of moments like these every day.  I am so glad I have children who know how to be themselves, and who have a great sense of humor.  They are oddballs and total goofs.  Sorry, my kids are funnier than yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment