Monday, May 14, 2012

A Thing of Beauty

My Mother's Day was a lovely day thanks to my very thoughtful husband and two wonderful little guys.  My husband got up with the kids and let me sleep in...which was heavenly.  Then I awoke to a little 19-month-old boy saying 'Mama,' ever-so-sweetly.  As I opened my eyes to that sweet sound, I didn't see his face, but a bag of Lindt dark chocolate (my favorite) that he was reaching to give me.  Then Israel handed me some more super yummy chocolate (Ritter...yum yum), and the very precious, funny, and thoughtful card that you see here.....

(It reads:  'Thank you for me and I love you.  You are the nicest person I now most of the time ha ha.....Your love makes me sprout.  And then River 'wrote' I love you Mommy)



Last, my husband gave me a sweet sweet kiss, and the biggest bouquet of daises that I've ever seen.  He bragged about me and shared how much I meant to him as a mother to his children, and also as a wife....swoon. 
So after all of the mushy stuff, I soaked in an uninterrupted bath....so nice, had breakfast served to me, and went to church with the family.  Came home, had a wonderful picnic-style lunch, and rested while River took his nap.  When we were all revived again from the rest, we took off to a place we love to go and feed the ducks. It was absolutely hilarious to see River chase those poor creatures at full speed.  Israel was patient and kind and tried to nurture the ducks and coax them lovingly towards him with food.  Not River!  He wouldn't rest (or attempt to feed the ducks at all) until he had caught one first.  There were even a few times I swear he would have jumped in the water after them if Justin and I hadn't stopped him.
We saw a family of ducks, which was precious. Got hissed at by the daddy duck as he was warning us that he didn't like our baby by his babies. 
Then the day was wrapped up by snuggling with the boys after their baths, and having a very romantic 'date' with my husband in our living room while the boys slept. 
It couldn't have been a more perfect day.  I am so thankful for such thoughtful and amazing people in my life!  I only hope that your day was as good as mine!
...A few pictures from our duck-feeding adventure...

Hunting


Sweet little babies


My handsome and patient Israel


Don't worry people, we were right behind him and let go for the sake of a quick picture.


The ducks seemed uninterested in our food due to the massive crowd of people there for Mother's Day who had already fed them.   So we fed the catfish instead.


River eating gross, old bread that we brought for the ducks
(tsk tsk, I know bread is bad for ducks)


Israel assisting his brother in pieces that were moderate and controlled.  Although I think there were a few creatures that liked the entire bun that River threw in the water.


A very patient young man who drew quite a school of fish to the top of the water.


1 comment: