Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Passed

I wrote this a while ago, November 9th 2006 to be exact.  For me it brought closure over the death of a man too young to die. Lately I have been plagued with thoughts of him, and how his devastating death was totally avoidable.  We must remember to reach out and love those who are stuck in the darkness of depression.  Never overlook anothers sorrow as something that will pass, but sit with them, let them share themselves, cry with them, and offer them hope.  There is always hope.  This is for Kyle.

Guns and broken hearts,
emptiness                emptied.
Blood calls from the ground of a haunted friday.
You did it.

A dark part understands.
I was once there with a rifle of my own.
But I can never know the depth of the glass kingdom you lived.
Everyone around you seemed to have a stone,
and your fragility
in brokenness
took
the
fall.

And we suffer as you did.    In skin.
Or maybe it's selfish to say our hurt is equal.
Because my ache will stop.
And for you,
love was the safety you just didn't know how to push.




No comments:

Post a Comment