Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Dreamy Day at the Park

It was a lovely day for the first time in a LONG time! 80 degrees, cool breeze...couldn't have been better weather!  We've been itchin' to get outside and get our feet in the dirt for some time now, and today was the perfect opportunity.  With the two kiddos and my husband actually not working or at school, we ventured to the castle park. 
We ran and played tag, pushed River ever-so-gently in the baby swing, laughing at his sweet giggles and innocence.  We chased Israel up the big hill, watched him slide down the same hill on his dirty little bum.  Ran around in the woods and saw a huge mama snake with her cute little baby.   Knowing dinnertime was lurking around the corner, we headed to the creek to look for crayfish and water bugs. 
We walked along the creek as Israel splashed and played in the cold springtime water.  Nearing the tunnel at the end of the creek I decided that I would skip from side-to-side as the rushing water ran down the middle.  Israel joined me while Daddy stayed behind with little fat boy.  I didn't get more than a few steps in, when my right sandal got caught in the current and was whisked away by nature.  I played along and flew down the tunnel chasing shortly behind.  Unable to catch up to it, I threw in my other sandal wondering what good it would do someone to find only one shoe!
 Barefoot and happy, we all walked hand-in-hand back to the car where we drove home in the beauty of the day and the silence of peace and love in our hearts.

1 comment: