Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rorschach Tile Floor

Each morning as I sleepily drag myself to the bathroom, I get an omen, a clue for the day, in my tile floor.  It's not contrived, I don't see it on purpose.  The spots are the same every day, my eyes just seem to view them differently. 
I read the images I see like a good horoscope.  Today I saw God;  a wise, caring, gentle face.  I have hope for today.  The other day, the really bad neurotic day, to no coincidence, I saw Hitler.   Mustache and all.  I think that was a subtle confirmation for me to let go of control.
It seems crazy I know, but hey, there are lots of people who idolize Virgin Mary so obsessively that they see her face in a burrito, or Jesus in a brick wall, so my faces don't seem so harmful.  I think God, along with my subconscious, tries to speak to me in any way I'll respond.
For some people it's the Sistine Chapel...for me it happens to be my bathroom floor!

1 comment: