Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheers to Motherhood


There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get sneezed on, peed on, puke laden, or the wonderful privilege of smelling something similar to death.
My three month old is beginning to resemble a brier ever since he has realized he could clamp down his chubby yet mighty fist.  He sticks to everything he comes in contact with, including (but not limited to) his favorite, my hair.  He's learning to over talk (over babble) his seven-year-old brother, which is amazing in and of itself because he can be quite boisterous.
Then there's my seven-year-old who fills the quiet nap time air with his machine gun laugh, mischievous adventures, and haphazard clumsiness.
Amidst all the confusion a day can bring, be it a clingy baby at suppertime, or a seven-year-old who still protests brushing his teeth (and with much imagination I might add), I am the happiest I could be with my beautiful boys who enrich my life and consistently teach me what it means to step outside of myself and just love.  Because in their world, that's the only thing that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Rhea I love reading all your blogs :) I'm glad you're doing this, not only because you're a fabulous writer and make every day life so interesting, because it's a great way to keep up on your life and still get to hear your thoughts when we're so far away. miss and love you sister :) and kiss your sweet boys for me.

    ReplyDelete