Monday, October 8, 2012

Coughing Fits and Black Lung

Fall.  Winter.  This time of year is aggravating to me because amidst all of the beauty and nostalgia that blows with the leaves in the wind, I find myself borderline paranoid when I have to be in public.  The masses come and go with their coughing fits and fevers.  The grocery store is not an infirmary people.  Unless you have no one to help care for you when you're sick, than you should be at home resting, not contaminating the rest of civilization with your plague.  Do you really think it's necessary to go buy TV dinners and cigarettes when it sounds like you should be on oxygen and in the hospital?!

I thought it was rudimentary to cover your mouth and nose when necessary, but that practice must be old fashioned.  I went to the store this evening and swear that every person I passed had a massive bout of bronchitis, and I didn't see even one cover their mouth as they coughed.  Gross! 

I keep my immunities up, cut down on the sugar, and stay well rested try to stay well rested, but I cannot control the rudeness of getting hacked on by a perfect stranger in an already bacteria ridden store.  I mean if feces can be found on the handle of a shopping cart in pleasant weather, than what the heck can be found this time of year when the sickness is out of control!?  My mind can't even go there.

I can't take it!  Please please please, if you have a cold, cover your mouths.  If you are feverish, stay home for god's sake.   And if you are coughing up chunks of lung, than wear a freaking mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment