Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Confessions of an Emotional Cannibal

God will show the real, no matter what it does to you.
The goal isn't to hurt, but to gain awareness.
He says, "Let the wounds heal."

I have had awareness, the light bulb over the head.
Standing on the edge, the verge...and nothing.
I wanted to jump, but not necessarily to the other side.

I saw my wounds, and I bled an awful lot.
But what was it that wasn't dying?

An endless pain I didn't understand.
I saw, but didn't surrender.
I felt, and bled some more.

I manufactured emotions, sold the right version of "me."
I had to feed what I created,
but the hunger never subsided.

I dug my own wells,
they were empty...they were supposed to have  no  sound.

Done bleeding, I submitted to death.
I realized that the dying itself was much worse.
My well began to fill.
The voices of others began to fade.

No ones voice can send me crashing,
or any pleasant words fill my soul.
My worth is from an endless God,
who fills, with the infinite me.

I welcomed.
He took the sacrifice.
The noise is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment